Universal Pipe Coatings from AkzoNobel
A Universal Coating Solution
The Universal Pipe Coating (UPC) range is designed to help ensure maximum performance and deliver cost savings vs. traditional solutions. It provides long term corrosion protection for equipment operating at extreme temperatures, and is flexible to use in both insulated and non-insulated conditions.
Complete the form to download our exclusive article on CUI mitigation.
Standardizing coating specifications
The UPC approach has been developed to simplify the specification for process pipework, valves and vessels. This approach reduces complex specifications down to just two products - Interbond 1202UPC and Interbond 2340UPC:
- Temperature resistant from -196°C (-321°F) to 230°C (446°F)
- Fast, low temperature cure down to -5°C (23°F) improves productivity in cold weather
- Excellent tolerance to over-application reduces rework costs
- Temperature resistant from -196°C (-321°F) up to 650°C (1202°F)
- Effectively cures at ambient temperature, ensuring long term performance without a primer as per the performance criteria of the ISO12944-9:2018 (ISO20340) standard.
- Short minimum overcoating intervals maximize productivity
Could you save money on CUI costs?
Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is one of the most expensive challenges facing any asset owner and costs industry millions of dollars annually. Traditional CUI solutions can be costly, with specialist application characteristics that can increase risk of failure in service.
UPC technology targets the key application drawbacks of traditional CUI solutions, significantly minimizing the risk of CUI and the cost of rework, whilst maximizing productivity.
Discover how you could make savings in our latest article on CUI mitigation by completing the form.