Introducing Interzone 954GF
A new high build glass flake epoxy coating, Interzone 954GF contains high aspect ratio lamellar glass flake for when enhanced abrasion and corrosion protection is needed. Currently only available in Europe, Interzone 954GF extends the International range of protective coatings, targeted at areas of application including the offshore oil & gas, wind power and mining industries.
Why is a high aspect ratio lamellar glass flake so important?
Lamellar glass flake provides an excellent barrier, making the coating very impermeable to water and ingress of corrosive ions to the steel surface. A high aspect ratio lamellar glass flake coating can provide the appropriate anticorrosion levels of performance. Unlike typical high build glass flake epoxy coatings, Interzone 954GF utilizes high aspect ratio lamellar glass flake for extended asset lifetimes and reduced total cost of ownership.
Owners can expect to benefit from:
- First class corrosion protection - even in the most severe offshore and chemical environments
- Increased longevity - direct-to-metal application combined with fast cure permits increased shop productivity
- Simpler specification - can be used on structural steel, splash zones and immersed areas. Compliant with the performance criteria of NORSOK Systems 1, 4, 7A and 7B, delivering application cost savings
- Enhanced aesthetics - smooth and glossy appearance provides a much more aesthetically pleasing finish compared to other glass flake epoxies on the market
Applicators can expect to benefit from:
- Easy application - easy to mix and apply, with no need for thinners, allowing for reduced application costs
- Increased shop productivity - excellent impact and abrasion resistance reduces damages in service, maximizing time to first maintenance
- High surface tolerance - excellent surface tolerance to hand tool and power tool prepared steel substrates, makes Interzone 954GF an ideal solution for maintenance and repair projects
- Low temperature cure - flexibility to changes in weather conditions with curing down to -5ºC, contributes to project flexibility
Testing and approvalsNORSOK
Approval to a range of NORSOK Systems means that specifications can be simplified, reducing application costs and allowing painting shops to increase productivity. Interzone 954GF is fully approved in accordance with offshore corrosion standard NORSOK M501 Ed.6 Systems 1, 4, 7A and 7B.Revised ISO12944
AkzoNobel has been actively involved in the planned revision of the ISO 12944 standard Paints and varnishes: Corrosion protection of steel structures by protective paint systems. Interzone 954GF meets the performance requirements of the proposed revision of ISO 12944, which covers performance testing of Cx offshore environments.
Based on our Interzone 954 technology trusted on over 85 million square meters around the world. Interzone 954GF has all the application and surface tolerance benefits of Interzone 954.
We are here to help
Our global team of technical and sales experts are available to provide you with the help and support that you need.
We have a team of experts to each industry, who understands your business and objectives.
Benefit from our continuous innovation and scientific expertise.
Our coating advisors all around the world assist you with your technical support and questions.