Universal Pipe Coatings from AkzoNobel
Standardize your approach to coating application
“In a single month, I will use 40 different coatings from eight different manufacturers…it’s a nightmare” – Coating applicator, USA. What if there was an easier way?
The UPC Approach offers a coating solution that can be used for all process pipes, valves and vessels. It provides protection for equipment operating at extreme temperatures, and is flexible to use in both insulated and non-insulated conditions.
The UPC Approach effectively standardizes the approach to coating application, delivering cost savings and maximizing productivity.
The UPC range is made up of Interbond 1202UPC and Interbond 2340UPC.
Corrosion resistance from -196°C (-321°F) to 230°C (446°F) with excellent application characteristics vs traditional systems.
- Enhanced technology increases productivity - Short recoat intervals can double productivity compared to epoxy phenolic or inorganic zinc silicate systems
- Reduce shop heating costs - low temperature cure down to -5°C (23°F) increases productivity during cold weather
- Reduce rework - high tolerance to overapplication greatly reduces rework costs and improves quality.
Corrosion resistance from -196°C (-321°F) to 650°C (1202°F), without a primer or heat cure.
- Maximize productivity with specification standardization - compliant with the performance requirements of ISO20340 without need of a primer such as inorganic zinc silicate
- Increase throughput - short minimum overcoating intervals allow two coats to be applied in one day
- Improve quality - damage resistance improves overall quality and reduces touch up and repair
Cost savings across the contract chain
The UPC approach addresses the challenge of complex coating specifications, delivering cost savings across the contract chain. Using just one or two products to replace the many various traditional coating systems available delivers a competitive advantage:
- Improving productivity
- Improving application quality
- Reducing rework
- Reducing segregation time for different coating systems
- Decreasing wasted paint costs
Watch our latest video on how Interbond 2340UPC reduces costs whilst maximizing productivity
We are here to help
Our global team of technical and sales experts are available to provide you with the help and support that you need.
We have a team of experts in each industry, who understands your business and objectives.
Benefit from our continuous innovation and scientific expertise.
Our coating advisors all around the world assist you with your technical support and questions.